Monday, March 7, 2016

#52: Play Til You Drop?

On Saturday I took Pete to the Portland Children's Museum with the specific goal of being there as long as possible and ideally letting him run himself into oblivion.


Six hours, three snack and pee breaks, seven full circuits of the entire museum grounds, and he still had not gone to ground. I'm not sure it's possible. But we gave it our all.


Hits: the digging pits and the water room.




Something neither of us were quite sure about: a structure in the outdoor section that bore a little too strong a resemblance to "Carcosa," the killer's lair at the end of the good season of True Detective.

The True Detective Carcosa

The Portland Children's Carcosa

Pete, chasing down that mean ol' Yellow King!

4 comments:

  1. 6 hours! I think that was more a test of YOUR stamina! Ahhaaahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I came through ok. I think I'm ready for Mt St Helens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, Thank you for sharing your blog with us. It was beautifully written and the pictures quite lovely. Sounds to me like the whole family is pretty special.

    ReplyDelete