Thursday, March 3, 2016

#47: Fast Foot Shoegaze


I've tried late nights on the treadmill with Motorhead and with scary stories.

For my latest experiment, I decided to dig out a classic album of what the kids used to call the music for gazing at your shoes, My Bloody Valentine's Loveless. It's dense, atmospheric, dreamy, once described by one reviewer as having "an intense ability to disorient....[oozing] a sonic balm that first embraces and then softly pulverizes the frantic stress of life..." Surely that kind of thing could get me pumped to shed the pounds, right?  I mean, who can't get up for this?


In all seriousness, though, that track is more the exception than the rule. Most of the tracks are fairly uptempo yet hypnotic, perfect for marching away for a half hour or more, lost in the dream. And of course, the obsessive, dense production is very well suited for headphones. This might get into heavy rotation alongside old Lemmy. You know, for something completely different.

Try it at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment