Wednesday, January 20, 2016

#19: Lost and Found

My luck with Tri-Met keeps holding.  Last Friday I left my library book on the bus.  Reported it to lost and found online.  On Monday, they emailed me to say it was found.  

They warned me that I only had 14 days to go pick it up.  (Or what, I wonder?  They'll burn it?  Sell it?  I'd hope they'd return it to the library.  It's Multnomah County property, after all.  Imagine a bureaucratic turf war between Tri-Met and the Multnomah County Library over the disposal of lost and unclaimed library books.  Some Willamette Week intern should bite this juicy lead.)

Anyway, here in pictures is my thrill-packed* journey to reclaim it.

*Nope, not really.

Orange Line!  New train! 

Tilikum Crossing!  New bridge!

My stop:  SE 17th & Nowhere.

Boat Art.

My phone said the Tri-Met Lost & Found was down that-away.

This was fortunately not it.

But it had my full attention.

There she goes!

Where the buses go to sleep, eat, and mate.

They gave me this book - the right one. They were very nice.

"What are you here for?" 

"A library book." 

They brought this one right out. That was it. They did not have me dig through a pile or anything. What I'm saying is, I was the only idiot this week to lose a library book on Tri-Met. 

Yay me!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed today's installment. I didn't even know the Orange Line was open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had all the hardback books about war that I have left on airplanes. Always read for a bit, have a cocktail, then put the book in the seat pocket when I go to sleep. Then totally space it out when "deplaning."

    ReplyDelete